Monday 12 November 2012

Evaluation of preliminary task


Evaluation

In the lesson we filmed our preliminary tasks. We split up in to groups of two and filmed our pieces separately, first we set up the room to how we wanted it to appear in the film. We then brought in our actors and showed them the script.

The skills we used were different camera shots, such as over the shoulder shots and medium shots. In terms of editing we used the mark in and the mark out tools to trim our clips down to where we wanted them. I didn’t use any other tools, as I didn’t feel I needed to. I could have used other effects such as adding transitions but as the piece wasn’t the right theme for them. We also learned that we needed to follow rules such as the 180 degree rule.

The skills I developed in this exercise was the use of an editing program as I never used it before and the skill of using cameras professionally to use the different types of shots that we had learnt in lessons. Another skill I developed was importing footage from the camera and transferring it to the computer ready to edit.

The challenges we faced were following the 180 degree rule as the continuity had to be correct. As I didn’t want to act in it, I got some of my friends, who were on their free periods, to act for me. The editing program we used was quite buggy as an error message kept coming up saying that it had dropped frames. Originally we thought that this was because we didn’t import the clips properly but it turned out that this wasn’t the problem it was the editing program.

For the main task the challenges I need to be aware of are the 180 degree rule and the continuity of the scenes. If I need actors again I will need to find out if people are on their free periods and ask them if they are willing to participate. If the editing program doesn’t work I will either have to use the editing suite or try and find a solution to fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment